Question About Dog Vitamins & Serving Goodness Gravy
Goodness Gravy is a comprehensive system of 37 dog vitamins, nutrients, minerals, enzymes assembled into a specific formulation backed by the science for improving your dogs general health. Below you will find the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How much Goodness Gravy should I feed my dog?
Goodness Gravy is a nutritional supplement formulated to support optimum health in dogs. Goodness Gravy is recommended for dogs of all sizes, ages, breeds and activity stages. It is scientifically formulated with a balance of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, fatty acids, digestive enzymes and antioxidants to help support a strong immune system and happy and healthy dog.
Absorption and Dog Size
Dog vitamins and nutrients are absorbed into the body through the digestive system. If your dog has less of a certain nutrient, the more readily it will be absorbed. If a dog gets too much of a nutrient it passes through without being absorbed. For smaller dogs, we recommend dividing a single packet between AM and PM so their digestive system more efficiently absorbs all the healthy nutrients found in Goodness Gravy.
Dogs Under 20 lbs. – 1 packet daily (divided between AM and PM)
If your dog only eats one meal per day, the second serving can be given alone on a plate as a treat. You do not have to refrigerate the open packet between servings. Because Goodness Gravy is a nutritional supplement, the amount in each split serving doesn’t have to be exact.
Dogs Over 20 lbs. 1 packet daily (single serving or divided)
Is Goodness Gravy All-Natural?
Goodness Gravy has NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS, NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, NO ANIMAL BY-PRODUCTS AND NO ADDED SUGAR.
As a safety measure, we add calcium propionate to maintain freshness. Calcium propionate is widely used in bread and baked goods to prevent spoiling from mold and bacterial growth. Calcium propionate occurs naturally in butter and some types of cheeses. Studies indicate that calcium propionate is one of the safest food additives used by the food industry.
We had a decision to make when formulating Goodness Gravy. Do we add to calcium propionate to make our product safe or eliminate it to get an “all-natural” label on our product? We decided safety and freshness is more important to our companions.
How much Goodness Gravy is in each box?
How do I store and serve?
Goodness Gravy is super easy to store. The 30 sealed packets in each box keeps each serving fresh and tasty. You don’t need to mix any messy powders or store in the refrigerator. Just keep the box near your dog’s dry food for convenience.
Goodness Gravy is ideal as a flavor enhancer on daily dry food. You can also serve it alone on a plate without any food as a treat. The individual packets travel well, so take it on the road with you for an anytime treat. You can also add the Goodness Gravy to water in a bowl to promote pet hydration.
What are the ingredients?
Purified water, vegetable glycerin, spray dried pork liver, natural bacon flavor, vegetable lecithin, spray dried cheese, xanthan gum, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid, calcium propionate (to maintain freshness).
- Vegetable Glycerin – is a clear odorless liquid from plant oils
- Spray dried pork liver – natural liver flavor is a spray dried powder made by breaking down animal tissue. It is a high-quality ingredient as a natural flavoring
- Natural bacon flavor – from pork
- Vegetable lecithin – is a fatty substance found in plants and animals. It is produced naturally in the body. It is added as an emulsifier, allowing water and oils to mix and keep from separating
- Spray dried cheese – made from dairy
- Xanthan Gum – is made using carbohydrates from corn, wheat, dairy or soy and thickens the gravy
- Salt – a tiny amount of salt is added for palatability
- Citric Acid – is a weak organic acid found in citrus fruits used a a preservative and flavoring agent
- Sorbic Acid – is a natural compound to preserve freshness and nutrients while enhancing flavor
- Calcium propionate – As a safety measure, we add calcium propionate to maintain freshness. Calcium propionate is widely used in bread and baked goods to prevent spoiling from mold and bacterial growth.
What happens if my dog eats too much?
Let’s face it, dogs can be sneaky. When no one is looking, they will try get more of something they love. We recommend that you keep this product out of the reach of your dog, but if a sneak attack does occur, then we recommend that you contact your vet right away. You can show them the page on the site with our ingredient list for reference. We also recommend that you keep the product out of reach from small children. We recommend you practice safety precautions for this product as you would a bottle of multi-vitamins.
What are the vitamins, nutrients and minerals?
Goodness Gravy was specially formulated to give your dog a complete flavorful and healthy dog vitamin supplement to their daily diet. In our formula, we focused on Hip & Joint Care, Skin & Coat Care, Immune System Support, Cardiovascular Function and Digestive System Balance. If you compare the amount of each supplement found in Goodness Gravy to other products, you will see that we didn’t cut corners.
What are prebiotics, enzymes and trace elements?
Enzymes are basically chemicals (catalysts) that a dog’s body uses for a lot of processes at a cellular level, such as food digestion, fuel production, tissue repair, and more. Even healthy dogs can benefit from enzyme supplementation because they can help dogs digest and absorb foods better.
Better digestion means better overall health with fewer digestive problems such as gas, bloat, loose stools, body odor, and bad breath. Enzymes will also contribute to better haircoat, fewer skin problems and inflammatory problems. The enzymes in Goodness Gravy include Alpha Amylase, Cellulase, Lipase, Lactase, Neutral Protease.
Trace Elements are mineral substances that act at a very low concentration in the body. The most well-known are: iron, zinc, manganese, copper, iodine and selenium which are all available in Goodness Gravy. These elements help improve your dog’s digestive and metabolic functions allowing for better absorption of food nutrients through the digestive system.
Does Goodness Gravy replace medications?
The simple answer is no. Goodness Gravy is all about dog vitamins and health and is a dog supplement that adds essential nutrients to your dog’s daily diet. All dog foods are formulated differently and you will find that many of Goodness Gravy’s nutrients are simply not present. We carefully formulated Goodness Gravy to include important dog vitamins, nutrients, minerals, digestive enzymes, glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 and antioxidants. Our gravy was carefully formulated to help your dog maintain good health.
Can I add Goodness Gravy to my home-produced food?
Many dog owners have decided to make their dog’s food at home because they want to know exactly what’s in their dog’s diet. Natural organic cooked dog food is advantageous in many ways, but homemade diets can lack many of the essential vitamins and nutrients that dogs need. Goodness Gravy is an ideal way to get essential vitamins and nutrients into your dog’s daily diet. You can serve it over the food or separately on a plate.
How does it work?
- On the one page checkout, select the subscription option and then check out normally. The price is for three boxes or a 90 day supply with free shipping. You will save $23.85 in shipping cost if you were to buy each box separately.
- Our system will then automatically manage your future payments and shipments. Every three months (less a week for processing and shipping), your credit card or paypal account will be charged and another three month supply will be shipped.
- Subscription orders will continue unless you want to pause or cancel. We make canceling easy. Just log into your account and switch subscriptions off. That’s all there is to it. If you want to resume your subscription, then log back in and switch to on.
In the course of one year, you will save $95.40 in shipping costs versus buying boxes individually.
Shipping and Returns
Goodness Gravy is shipped within five business days from the placement of your order. When your order ships, you will receive an email confirmation with the tracking information.
We currently ship to United States addresses only.
To return an item, we request that you contact us for a Return Authorization Number (RA#). Return postage costs are not refundable.
For subscription customers, you can easily stop your auto-ship at any time with one easy step. Log into your account and switch subscriptions to “off”.